Saturday, October 20, 2012

Angel oak.

My parents haven't seen Conner in about 2 months. The first thing they noticed was a sense of calming peace over him! My dad was the first to point out his change and I can say thank you to my five special ladies to making this happen.
So since my parents are in town for 2 days we decided to get out ad enjoy the weather. We all have been hearing about the angel oak that is located in johns island which from where I live in charleston- 20 minutes down the road. Ill admit I'm very hesitant cause hello, it's not the best choice to take a hyper child who has needs to a 1000 year old tree that you can't climb on haha. But we went and I can honestly say it was the most calming trip- about 85% of it at least haha.
So we pull up, walk to a picnic table, eat our subs, take some pictures and leave- all without any meltdowns and only one accident of Conner running away and making sure his grandpa got his daily Conner exercise (Ps he only ran away because we spotted an albino squirrel and it was the coolest thing since sliced bread to this kid).
It was a very fun outing and I'm very happy that my parents were able to watch a therapy session and also experience the new calmer more attentive version of Conner. There might not be a cure for Autism but there is definitely therapy that really works for children- some more than others but in our case it's a blessing.
Enjoy these photos of our fun outing

No comments:

Post a Comment